Setting my goal at enrolling 100 new kids from May 26 until June 30, and then another 40 new students after the release of the DVD, martial arts movies such as Kung Fu Panda 2 are wonderful ways to introduce younger students to your facility. And if you generate enough leads and close at a decent rate, you too should be able to hit the century mark.
Back in January I enrolled 102 new members with 25 of those being children. You can achieve this success if you generate 250 leads and set 200 appointments. While only 150 will likely show, a close rate of 75% would generate 100 new students.
I realize the movie is already out and you have missed some valuable time for planning. But, being successful is all about implementing things as soon as you learn them. So you may want to ask, how do I enroll a large number of kids using the Kung Fu Panda movie, especially now that the movie has already opened?
Here is a list of things that will work like magic even though the movie has been released.
1. Meet with the movie theatre manager and build a relationship.
Many theatres offer a summer program to advertise to the summer camps in the lobby of the theatre. Pitch to them a martial arts demonstration and information table. Inform the theatre that this will bring excitement to the new movie and will be an extra incentive for families to come to their theatre as opposed to the competitor.
Let them know you will give a two-week or 30-day pass (or whatever your offer is). By the way, your offer should be the best in your area. (I will give some great tips on offers in my next post.)
2. Set up your table with all the proper equipment.
- You will need a banner (table banner if possible)
- Your passes
- Helium Balloons for the kids, Google promo balloons in 1 day (put your offer on balloon)
- Lead box for your table with special give away
- Other giveaways like uniforms, t-shirts, gloves. (Do drawings while you are there)
- Plan a simple demo (Bring mats if necessary)
- Make sure you have someone who can set appointments on the spot
- Get as many leads as possible, name, email, phone, address, why they would want to put their child in martial arts (self-defense, anti-bully, focus, attention, discipline/behavior)
3. Host a Kung Fu Panda lock in.
At your lock in watch the original Kung Fu Panda and of course play games and eat pizza. The next morning take the kids to Kung Fu Panda 2 at a local theatre. This is a “buddy event”. That means you will ask all your kids to bring their friends, which are potential students. Reward your kids by giving them a small prize or a discount on the lock-in.
Make sure you:
- Get all contact info for the buddy’s parents
- Get a deal on 20-50 tickets from the theatre
- Let the kids know they will earn a belt, a stripe, or break a board when they come back for their free trial.
4. Place snipe signs at red lights and intersections near the theatre.
These are only about 10-20 bucks each and serve as great advertisements. If you don’t have time to get them made, go to Lowes and buy blank yard signs. Write your offer, phone number, and martial arts for kids on the sign. If you put out the signs between 5pm Friday and Sunday night no one should bother you.
Get to it. Call the theatre and plan your lock-in today. If you commit to this I know you will get some great results.
Please comment and post your results. I would love to know how this works out for you.